Imogen Cheese

”SkinImogen Cheese was previously an advocate for SkinCancer.net.

My name is Imogen Cheese & I am a Melanoma patient. I was diagnosed Stage 2c back in June 2013. I created & write a website blog www.melanomarollercoaster.co.uk which now has a readership of over 2,000 people – many of whom are Melanoma patients in the UK.

I am prolific in my contact with these patients on social media, and as a result of my Blog I have been asked to represent Melanoma Patients of the UK as their advocacy representative at numerous conferences and events across Europe including ECC2015 & the MPNE annual events in Brussels.

I am involved with many of the leading Skin Cancer charities within the UK & an advocate for patient engagement within clinical trials & relating to patient care & access to quality across the UK.
I am founder & director of Melanoma Patient Conference CIC, which is a non-profit I set up just over a year ago to manage the provision on an ongoing annual conference aimed at patients.

The conference provides a friendly opportunity to learn about Melanoma, current treatment options & access to support all over the UK. It is attended by 300 patients, carers & medical professionals & has formed a platform that is impartial, empowering & motivating.

My goal when I was diagnosed was to survive, for my husband & 2 wonderful children. I approach nearly 4 years NED with hope & excitement for what the future could bring with the right direction!

Click here to read all of Imogen's articles on SkinCancer.net!

By providing your email address, you are agreeing to our privacy policy.