It's a Beautiful Day - Positivity Resources
When I’m feeling flat or that things aren’t fair, these are the books, songs, apps, and podcasts that I turn to, to turn my negativity into positivity.
Staying positive with books
- Untamed by Glennon Doyle. I couldn’t put this book down, it’s all about liberating the real woman inside of you when you stop trying to live up to society’s expectations and listening to the voice within you. This book is freeing.
- Everything is Figureoutable by Marie Forleo.Living with cancer can make you feel out of control and often it’s easy to get overwhelmed. This book helped me really get perspective, so in times when I felt like I was losing my grip, the tools I learnt from this book helped me get my problem-solving brain going and think more creatively and positivity when I face an obstacle.
- Super Attractor by Gabby Bernstein. This book is all about manifestation and after reading a lot of research on the power of the mind, I found this book really helped me get in alignment with the universe. It has very similar principles to ‘The Secret’ but I love Gabby’s relatable energy. I know my thoughts and beliefs can impact my body and this book helped change my pragmatic mind.
- Atomic Habits by James Clear. This book sold over a million copies and people are obsessed. I started reading it thinking to myself, do I really need to read a book on forming habits? But now I am obsessed too! There are so many helpful tools that go beyond what I ever considered about building and breaking habits.
- Unlocking Us, Brene Brown. If you don’t know of Brene you need to! She is a researcher, storyteller, and best-selling author who unpacks the emotions of being human. Brene speaks right into your soul and leaves you feeling like you just had a heart to heart with your mum or best friend.
- Oprah’s Super Soul Conversations. This podcast is Oprah interviewing thought-leaders, celebrities, authors, and spiritual luminaries and has helped open my mind to new perspectives. Look it’s Oprah, need I say more?
- The Oprah Winfrey Show: The Podcast. Because I can’t get enough of this woman, if you watched The Oprah Winfrey Show all those years ago, this will be the nostalgia that you have been craving. Oprah has opened up her vault of 25 years of amazing interviews and a-ha moments and made them available on her podcast. It’s a great refresher of the principles and lessons she taught me growing up.
- The Skinny Confidential Him & Her Podcast. Lauryn Evarts Bosstick & Michael Bosstick are killer entrepreneurs who interview unique guests that really dive deep into their skills and help educate listeners. After listening to this podcast, I always want to get my hustle on!
- Bloom. This is a mindfulness and meditation app, full of helpful resources for your mental health. It has yoga, mindful movements, guided meditations, affirmations, mood trackers, and activities. This app feels more personal than Headspace and Calm which are also great mental health resources.
- Audible. As someone who owns two businesses and is a Creative Director for another business, I always need to be multitasking so I find it easier to read a book if I can clean, workout, or cook at the same time. Audible has a great subscription method that helps me stay on top of my reading each month.
- Marco Polo. It’s like Snapchat for 30+ year olds. It’s a great way to stay in touch with your friends, on your own schedule. It’s kind of like social media & Facetime combined and you never have to worry about playing phone tag again because you can leave a video message for your friends and they can watch and respond when they are ready. It also helps me get my feelings off my chest and feels like a new age dear diary.
- Rain Rain. Sometimes you just need to listen to the sound of rain or the waves breaking on the sand when you fall asleep and this is the app for that.
Feel good songs
If I ever feel negative, sad, or flat these are the songs I put on loud...and dance around my apartment or sing along to like I’m at a concert in my car.
- The Best – Tina Turner
- Edge of Glory – Lady Gaga
- It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
- Firework – Katy Perry
- There’s Nothing Holding Me Back – Shawn Mendes
- Hella Good – No Doubt
- Valerie – Amy Winehouse
- Good As Hell – Lizzo
- Best Day of My Life – American Authors
- Beautiful Day – U2
- I Gotta Feeling – Black Eyed Peas
- Happy – Pharrell Williams
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
- Stronger – Kelly Clarkson
- This Girl is on Fire - Alicia Keys
- Don’t Stop Me Now – Queen
- Uptown Funk – Bruno Mars
- Fight Song – Rachel Platten
- Shake it Off – Taylor Swift
- Walking on Sunshine – Katrina & The Waves
Have you entered our Awareness Month Tote Bag Giveaway?