Skin Cancer Treatment By Type
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: October 2018.
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Melanoma. Version 1.2017. Published November 10, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/melanoma.pdf
- Chiocca EA, Rabkin SD. Oncolytic viruses and their application to cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Immunol Res. 2014;2:295-300.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Merkel cell carcinoma. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/mcc.pdf
- FDA approves first treatment for rare form of skin cancer [press release]. March 23, 2017. Accessed April 28, 2017 at: https://www.fda.gov/newsevents/newsroom/pressannouncements/ucm548278.htm
- American Cancer Society. Kaposi sarcoma. Accessed April 26, 2017: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposi-sarcoma.html
- National Cancer Institute. Kaposi sarcoma treatment (PDQ) – health professional version. Accessed April 26, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/soft-tissue-sarcoma/hp/kaposi-treatment-pdq
- Bodsworth NJ, Bloch M, Bower M, Donnell D, Yocum R; International Panretin Gel KS Study Group. Phase III vehicle-controlled, multi-centered study of topical alitretinoin gel 0.1% in cutaneous AIDS-related Kaposi's sarcoma. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2001;2:77-87.
- Intron A® [prescribing information]. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Schering Corporation; May 2015.