Curettage and Electrodesiccation
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: October 2018.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- SebKer. Electrodessication with curettage. April 22, 2015. Accessed March 16, 2017 at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5IeZK3gC2w.
- FlydocHC. Basal cell carcinoma (BCC) removal. September 10, 2010. Accessed March 16, 2017 at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdSToUqzZ3E
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- American Cancer Society. Treating Kaposi sarcoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposi-sarcoma/treating.html
- Havill S. Curettage and cautery. DermNet NZ. Accessed March 16, 2017 at: http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/curettage-and-cautery/
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Curettage and desiccation for skin cancer. Accessed March 16, 2017 at: https://www.asds.net/Curettage-and-Desiccation-for-Skin-Cancer/
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf