Emerging Research and Future Treatment Directions
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: December 2018.
- Johnson DB, Sosman JA. Therapeutic advances and treatment options in metastatic melanoma. JAMA Oncol. 2015;1:380-386.
- National Library of Medicine. ClinicalTrials.gov FAQs. Clinical trial phases. Accessed April 15, 2017 at: http://www.nlm.nih.gov/services/ctphases.html
- National Cancer Institute. Targeted cancer therapies. Accessed January 18, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/targeted-therapies/targeted-therapies-fact-sheet
- American Cancer Society. What is Targeted cancer therapy? Accessed January 18, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/targeted-therapy/what-is.html
- Lovly C, Pao W, Sosman J. 2016. Molecular profiling of melanoma. My Cancer Genome https://www.mycancergenome.org/content/disease/melanoma/ (Updated January 26).
- Carvajal RD, Lawrence DP, Weber JS, et al. Phase II study of nilotinib in melanoma harboring KIT alterations following progression to prior KIT inhibition. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:2289-2296.
- Tang T, Eldabaje R, Yang L. Current status of biological therapies for the treatment of metastatic melanoma. Anticancer Res. 2016;36:3229-3241.
- Gangadhar TC, Hamid O, Smith DC, et al. Epacadostat plus pembrolizumab in patients with advanced melanoma and select solid tumors: Updated phase 1 results from ECHO-202/KEYNOTE-037. Abstract 1110PD. Presented at ESMO 2016 Congress. Available at: http://bit.ly/2m02OAe.
- Thompson JF, Agarwala SS, Smithers BM, et al. Phase 2 study of intralesional PV-10 in refractory metastatic melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2015;22:2135-2142.
- National Cancer Institute. Questions to ask your doctor about treatment clinical trials. Accessed February 26, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/clinical-trials/questions.