My Visit to the Dermatologist
Tips for your dermatologist appointment
- Be flexible with appointment times and dates as most practices are trying to "catch up" on appointments.
- Be ready to answer questions about your current health status prior to or at the appointment and bring a mask.
- Wear comfortable clothing that is easy to remove and put back on.
- Be prepared to discuss any changes in your skin or anything that might concern you.
- Ask questions, if you have them. Be assertive and to the point as appointments are generally shorter right now.
- Make sure that you get a thorough examination by a qualified medical professional. This includes your scalp, your feet, and areas that don't see the sun.
- Ensure that all areas of possible concern are documented for future reference.
- Make sure to set up another appointment.
Do you check the UV index before leaving the house?