Skin Cancer Screening
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- Lakhani NA, Saraiya M, Thompson TD, et al. Total body skin examination for skin cancer screening among U.S. adults from 2000 to 2010. Prev Med. 2014;61:75-80.
- AAD statement on USPSTF recommendation on skin cancer screening [press release]. July 26, 2016. Accessed March 5, 2017 at: https://www.aad.org/media/news-releases/aad-statement-on-uspstf
- American Cancer Society. Skin exams. Accessed March 4, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/skin-cancer/prevention-and-early-detection/skin-exams.html
- Wernli KJ, Henrikson NB, Morrison CC, et al. Screening for skin cancer in adults: updated evidence report and systematic review for the US Preventive Services Task Force. JAMA. 2016;316:436-447.
- US Preventative Services Task Force. Understanding Task Force Recommendations: Screening for Skin Cancer. Accessed March 5, 2017 at: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforce.org/Home/GetFileByID/2778
- American Academy of Dermatology. What to expect at a SPOTme® skin cancer screening. Accessed March 5, 2017 at: https://www.aad.org/public/spot-skin-cancer/programs/screenings/what-to-expect-at-a-screening.
- Aitken JF, Elwood M, Baade PD, et al. Clinical whole-body skin examination reduces the incidence of thick melanomas. Int J Cancer. 2010;126:450-458.