Coping with Late-Stage Skin Cancer
Written by: Casey Hribar | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- Medline Plus. National Institutes of Health, U.S. National Library of Medicine. Available from: https://medlineplus.gov/endoflifeissues.html
- National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization. 3 Apr 2017. Available from: http://www.nhpco.org/about/hospice-care
- National Cancer Institute. 25 Oct 2012. Available from: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/advanced-cancer/care-choices/hospice-fact-sheet
- Gawande, Atul. Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End. New York: Metropolitan Books, Henry Holt and Company, 2014.
- Wright AA, Zhang B, Ray A, Mack JW, Trice E, et al. Associations between end-of-life discussions, patient mental health, medical care near death, and caregiver bereavement adjustment. JAMA. 2008 Oct;300(14):1665-1673.
- Connor SR, Pyenson B, Fitch K, Spence C, Iwasaki K. Comparing hospice and nonhospice patient survival among patients who die within a three-year window. Journal of Pain and Symptom Management. 2007 Mar;33(3):238-46.