Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: December 2019.
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Harwood CA, Proby CM, Inman GJ, Leigh IM. The promise of genomics and the development of targeted therapies for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:3-16.
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- Croaker A, King GJ, Pyne JH, Anoopkumar-Dukie S, Liu L. A review of black salve: Cancer specificity, cure, and cosmesis. Evid Based Complement Alternat Med. 2017;2017:9184034.
- Clark JJ, Woodcock A, Cipriano SD, et al. Community perceptions about the use of black salve. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2016;74:1021-1023.
- National Institutes of Health. Office of Dietary Supplements. How to evaluate health information on the internet: Questions and answers. Accessed April 19, 2017 at: https://ods.od.nih.gov/Health_Information/How_To_Evaluate_Health_Information_on_the_Internet_Questions_and_Answers.aspx