Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. Complementary, Alternative, or Integrative Health: What’s In a Name? Accessed April 21, 2017 at: https://nccih.nih.gov/health/integrative-health.
- National Health Interview Survey. Use of complementary health approaches in the U.S. Accessed April 20, 2017 at: https://nccih.nih.gov/research/statistics/NHIS/2012/key-findings
- John GM, Hershman DL, Falci L, Shi Z, Tsai WY, Greenlee H. Complementary and alternative medicine use among US cancer survivors. J Cancer Surviv. 2016;10:850-864.
- Loquai C, Schmidtmann I, Garzarolli M, et al. Interactions from complementary and alternative medicine in patients with melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2017 Mar 1.
- Huebner J, Mohr P, Simon JC, et al. Use of complementary medicine in metastatic melanoma patients treated with ipilimumab within a clinical trial. J Dtsch Dermatol Ges. 2016;14:508-513.
- Ernst E. Patient education: Complementary and alternative medicine treatments (CAM) for cancer (Beyond the Basics). UpToDate. Accessed April 19, 2017 at: https://www.uptodate.com/contents/complementary-and-alternative-medicine-treatments-cam-for-cancer-beyond-the-basics
- American Cancer Society. What are complementary and alternative methods? Accessed April 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/complementary-and-alternative-medicine/complementary-and-alternative-methods-and-cancer.html
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf