Excision of Skin Cancer
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2019.
- Kimbrough CW, McMasters KM, Davis EG. Principles of surgical treatment of malignant melanoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2014;94:973-988.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Melanoma. Version 1.2017. Published November 10, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/melanoma.pdf
- Zuber TJ. Fusiform excision procedure. Published in: Am Fam Physician. 2003;67:1553-1554. Accessed March 7, 2017 at: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0401/p1553.html
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Treating Merkel cell carcinoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/merkel-cell-skin-cancer/treating.html
- American Cancer Society. Treating Kaposi sarcoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposi-sarcoma/treating.html
- Cheng H. Risks and complications of skin surgery. DermNet New Zealand. Accessed March 15, 2017 at: http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/risks-and-complications-of-skin-surgery/.
- National Cancer Institute. Dictionary of Cancer Terms. Accessed March 15, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/publications/dictionaries/cancer-terms
- Ranjan R, Singh L, Arava SK, Singh MK. Margins in skin excision biopsies: principles and guidelines. Indian J Dermatol. 2014;59:567-570.