Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: December 2019.
- National Cancer Institute. Lasers in cancer therapy. Accessed March 20, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/surgery/lasers-fact-sheet
- Choudhary S, Tang J, Elsaie ML, Nouri K. Lasers in the treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37:409-425.
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Laser treatment for precancerous growths. Accessed March 20, 2017 at: https://www.asds.net/Laser-Treatment-for-Pre-cancerous-Growths/
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Laser skin resurfacing: Skin care procedure. Accessed March 20, 2017 at: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/laser-skin-resurfacing
- Cleveland Clinic. Carbon dioxide laser resurfacing. Accessed March 20, 2017 at: http://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/carbon-dioxide-laser-resurfacing.
- Krupa Shankar D, Chakravarthi M, Shilpakar R. Carbon dioxide laser guidelines. J Cutan Aesthet Surg. 2009;2:72-80.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf