Lymph Node Surgery
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2019.
- American Cancer Society. Treating Merkel cell carcinoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/merkel-cell-skin-cancer/treating.html
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Melanoma. Version 1.2017. Published November 10, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/melanoma.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Diller ML, Martin BM, Delman KA. Lymph node dissection for stage III melanoma. Surg Oncol Clin N Am. 2015;24:261-277.
- University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center. Melanoma Surgery Patient Handbook. Accessed March 23, 2017 at: http://www.med.umich.edu/cancer/files/melanoma_surgery_handbook.pdf
- Mohler ER. Patient education: Lymphedema after cancer surgery (Beyond the Basics). UpToDate. Accessed March 23, 2017 at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/lymphedema-after-cancer-surgery-beyond-the-basics.
- Friedman JF, Sunkara B, Jehnsen JS, Durham A, Johnson T, Cohen MS. Risk factors associated with lymphedema after lymph node dissection in melanoma patients. Am J Surg. 2015;210:1178-1184.