Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: October 2018.
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- American College of Mohs Surgery. Mohs surgery patient education. Accessed March 15, 2017 at: http://www.skincancermohssurgery.org/
- Winslow T. Surgery, Mohs – skin cancer (illustration). 2010. National Cancer Institute Visuals Online. Accessed March 15, 2017 at: https://visualsonline.cancer.gov/details.cfm?imageid=8261
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Melanoma. Version 1.2017. Published November 10, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/melanoma.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Tully AS, Trayes KP, Studdiford JS. Evaluation of nail abnormalities. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:779-787.
- Ngan V. Mohs micrographic surgery. DermNet New Zealand. Accessed March 16, 2017 at: http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/mohs-micrographic-surgery/