Surgery & Other Procedures
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Kimbrough CW, McMasters KM, Davis EG. Principles of surgical treatment of malignant melanoma. Surg Clin North Am. 2014;94:973-988.
- Zuber TJ. Fusiform excision procedure. Published in: Am Fam Physician. 2003;67:1553-1554. Accessed March 7, 2017 at: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0401/p1553.html
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Laser treatment for precancerous growths. Accessed March 20, 2017 at: https://www.asds.net/Laser-Treatment-for-Pre-cancerous-Growths/
- Choudhary S, Tang J, Elsaie ML, Nouri K. Lasers in the treatment of nonmelanoma skin cancer. Dermatol Surg. 2011;37:409-425.
- Agrawal S, Kane JM 3rd, Guadagnolo BA, et al. The benefits of adjuvant radiation therapy after therapeutic lymphadenectomy for clinically advanced, high-risk, lymph node-metastatic melanoma. Cancer. 2009;115:5836-5844.
- McIntyre WJ, Downs MR, Bedwell SA. Treatment options for actinic keratoses. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76:667-671.