Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: October 2018.
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery. Chemical peels. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: https://www.asds.net/ChemicalPeelsInformation.aspx
- Hantash BM, Stewart DB, Cooper ZA, Rehmus WE, Koch RJ, Swetter SM. Facial resurfacing for nonmelanoma skin cancer prophylaxis. Arch Dermatol. 2006;142:976-982.
- McIntyre WJ, Downs MR, Bedwell SA. Treatment options for actinic keratoses. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76:667-671.
- Lawrence N, Cox SE, Cockerell CJ, Freeman RG, Cruz PD Jr. A comparison of the efficacy and safety of Jessner's solution and 35% trichloroacetic acid vs 5% fluorouracil in the treatment of widespread facial actinic keratoses. Arch Dermatol. 1995;131:176-181.
- Monheit GD. Chemical peels. Skin Therapy Lett. 2004;9:6-11.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Chemical peel: Minimally invasive procedure. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: https://www.plasticsurgery.org/cosmetic-procedures/chemical-peel.
- American Academy of Dermatology. Chemical peels: Overview. Accessed March 19. 2017 at: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/cosmetic-treatments/chemical-peels
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.