Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2019.
- Andrews MD. Cryosurgery for common skin conditions. Am Fam Physician. 2004;69:2365-2372.
- Usatine RP. Watch and learn: Cryosurgery [video]. The Journal of Family Practice. July 1, 2014. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7DkK8myhj4
- McIntyre WJ, Downs MR, Bedwell SA. Treatment options for actinic keratoses. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76:667-671.
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- Morton C, Horn M, Leman J, et al. Comparison of topical methyl aminolevulinate photodynamic therapy with cryotherapy or fluorouracil for treatment of squamous cell carcinoma in situ: Results of a multicenter randomized trial. Arch Dermatol. 2006;142:729-735.
- American Cancer Society. Treating Kaposi sarcoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposi-sarcoma/treating.html
- Oakley A. Cryotherapy. DermNet New Zealand. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: http://www.dermnetnz.org/topics/cryotherapy/