Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: December 2019.
- McIntyre WJ, Downs MR, Bedwell SA. Treatment options for actinic keratoses. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76:667-671.
- American Cancer Society. Photodynamic therapy. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/treatment/treatments-and-side-effects/treatment-types/photodynamic-therapy.html
- American Cancer Society. Treating Kaposi sarcoma. Accessed March 21, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/kaposi-sarcoma/treating.html
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- Levulan® [package insert]. Wilmington, MA: Dusa Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; March 2010.
- Ameluz® [package insert]. Wakefield, MA: Biofrontera Inc.; May 2016.
- Metvixia™ [package insert]. Oslo, Norway: Penn Pharmaceutical Services Ltd.; June 2008.
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- Patel G, Armstrong AW, Eisen DB. Efficacy of photodynamic therapy vs other interventions in randomized clinical trials for the treatment of actinic keratoses: a systematic review and meta-analysis. JAMA Dermatol. 2014;150:1281-1288.