Stages of Melanoma
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- National Cancer Institute. Melanoma treatment (PDQ) – patient version. Accessed February 7, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/skin/patient/melanoma-treatment-pdq
- National Cancer Institute. Staging. Accessed February 7, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/diagnosis-staging/staging
- American Joint Committee on Cancer. Melanoma of the skin staging. 7th edition. Accessed February 7, 2017 at: https://cancerstaging.org/references-tools/quickreferences/documents/melanomasmall.pdf
- National Cancer Institute. SEER Training Modules: Staging. Accessed February 7, 2017 at: https://training.seer.cancer.gov/melanoma/abstract-code-stage/staging.html
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Balch CM, Mihm MC Jr, Gershenwald JE, Soong S. The revised melanoma staging system and the impact of mitotic rate. The Melanoma Letter. Fall 2010, volume 28, article 3. Accessed February 7, 2012 at: http://www.skincancer.org/media/legacy/stories/melanoma_letter/MelanomaLetter_28_3.pdf
- Shenenberger DW. Cutaneous malignant melanoma: a primary care perspective. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:161-168.
- Winslow T. Skin cancer, Clark levels (illustration). 2010. National Cancer Institute Visuals Online. Accessed March 19, 2017 at: https://visualsonline.cancer.gov/details.cfm?imageid=8286