Lymph Node Mapping and Biopsy
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- PubMed Health. Lymphatic vessels. Accessed February 1, 2017 at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022680/
- Lymph Nodes Illustration. National Cancer Institute Visuals Online. Accessed April 17, 2017 at: https://visualsonline.cancer.gov/details.cfm?imageid=3237
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Melanoma. Version 1.2016. Accessed February 2, 2017 at: https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/melanoma/
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- American Joint Committee on Cancer; Melanoma of the Skin Staging. 7th edition. Accessed February 7, 2017 at: https://cancerstaging.org/references-tools/quickreferences/documents/melanomasmall.pdf
- Wong SL, Balch CM, Hurley P, et al; American Society of Clinical Oncology.; Society of Surgical Oncology. Sentinel lymph node biopsy for melanoma: American Society of Clinical Oncology and Society of Surgical Oncology joint clinical practice guideline. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:2912-2918.
- Love TP, Delman KA. Management of regional lymph node basins in melanoma. Ochsner J. 2010;10:99-107.
- MedlinePlus. Lymph node biopsy. Accessed March 11, 2017 at: https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003933.htm
- Alazraki N, Glass EC, Castronovo F, Olmos RA, Podoloff D; Society of Nuclear Medicine. Procedure guideline for lymphoscintigraphy and the use of intraoperative gamma probe for sentinel lymph node localization in melanoma of intermediate thickness 1.0. J Nucl Med. 2002;43:1414-1418.