Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- Pickett H. Shave and punch biopsy for skin lesions. Am Fam Physician. 2011;84:995-1002.
- Silverstein D, Mariwalla K. Biopsy of the pigmented lesions. Dermatol Clin. 2012;30:435-443.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Melanoma. Version 1.2017. Published November 10, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/melanoma.pdf
- Zuber TJ. Fusiform excision procedure. Published in: Am Fam Physician. 2003;67:1553-1554. Accessed March 7, 2017 at: http://www.aafp.org/afp/2003/0401/p1553.html
- Brodell RT, Mostow EN, Bhatia AC. Photographing lesions in dermatology: Practical, legal, and technical considerations. Dermatology. November 18, 2013. Accessed March 7, 2017 at: http://www.practiceupdate.com/content/photographing-lesions-in-dermatology-practical-legal-and-technical-considerations/17791
- Bichakjian CK, Halpern AC, Johnson TM, et al; American Academy of Dermatology. Guidelines of care for the management of primary cutaneous melanoma. American Academy of Dermatology. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011;65:1032-1047.
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf