Skin Cancer Types
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- Rogers HW, Weinstock MA, Feldman SR, Coldiron BM. Incidence estimate of nonmelanoma skin cancer (keratinocyte carcinomas) in the U.S. population, 2012. JAMA Dermatol. 2015;151:1081-1086.
- American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & figures, 2017. Accessed March 8, 2017 at: http://bit.ly/2ksCPAg
- Shenenberger DW. Cutaneous malignant melanoma: a primary care perspective. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:161-168.
- Harwood CA, Proby CM, Inman GJ, Leigh IM. The promise of genomics and the development of targeted therapies for cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma. Acta Derm Venereol. 2016;96:3-16.
- Karia PS, Han J, Schmults CD. Cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma: estimated incidence of disease, nodal metastasis, and deaths from disease in the United States, 2012. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013;68:957-66.
- Levine A, Markowitz O. Update on advanced basal cell carcinoma diagnosis and treatment. Dermatology Times. October 18, 2016. Accessed February 3, 2017 at: http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com/dermatology-times/news/update-advanced-basal-cell-carcinoma-diagnosis-and-treatment
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Sunburn and sun protective behaviors among adults aged 18-29 years--United States, 2000-2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012;61:317-322.
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- From L, Marrett L, Rosen C, et al. A quality initiative of the Program in Evidence-Based Care (PEBC), Cancer Care Ontario (CCO). Accessed January 23, 2017 at: https://www.cancercare.on.ca/about/programs/pebc/
- Perkins A, Duffy RL. Atypical moles: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2015;91:762-767.
- National Cancer Institute. Merkel cell carcinoma treatment – patient version. Accessed February 5, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/skin/patient/merkel-cell-treatment-pdq.
- National Cancer Institute. Kaposi sarcoma treatment – patient version. Accessed February 5, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/soft-tissue-sarcoma/patient/kaposi-treatment-pdq.
- Cutaneous Lymphoma Foundation. About cutaneous lymphoma. Accessed February 5, 2017 at: http://www.clfoundation.org/about-cutaneous-lymphoma
- Lymphoma Research Foundation. Cutaneous B-cell lymphoma. Accessed February 5, 2017 at: http://www.lymphoma.org/site/pp.asp?c=bkLTKaOQLmK8E&b=6300149
- North JP, McCalmont TH, Ruben BS. Cutaneous adnexal tumors. UpToDate. Accessed February 5, 2017 at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/cutaneous-adnexal-tumors
- American Cancer Society. About soft tissue sarcoma. Accessed February 5, 2016 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/soft-tissue-sarcoma/about.html