SPF: Best Sunscreens to Wear Under Makeup
Do you wear sunscreen underneath your makeup? Most women don't. Some fear that a layer of sunscreen will cause their face to look and feel greasy throughout the day, while others believe that an SPF-infused foundation is enough to keep their skin protected. However, when SPF foundations are sheered out into a thin layer across the skin, they become ineffective.
Unfortunately, the only true way to shield your face from the sun's rays... is to add that extra step to your daily makeup routine. But there are so many sunscreens out there, which one should you buy? Well, I recently took it upon myself to answer that question.
I knew I wanted a few key things out of a sunscreen:
- Affordability (Because no one has $30 to spend on a face sunscreen!)
- Effectiveness (Does it function as a sunscreen?)
- Ease of application (It should compare to my normal makeup routine.)
Experimenting with sunscreen
After a bit of online perusing, I found a handful of sunscreens that I was excited to try out:
- Banana Boat Sport Performance Broad Spectrum Faces
- CeraVe Sunscreen Stick
- Aveeno Protect & Hydrate Face Sunscreen
- Coppertone Defend & Care Face Sunscreen
- Neutrogena Sheer Zinc Face Dry-Touch Sunscreen
My experience with the sunscreen experiment
I tried a different sunscreen every day for a week in hopes of finding a winner. Watch the video below to find out which of these worked best for me, and which ones I would recommend avoiding.
How well have your skin cancer diagnoses been explained to you?