caret icon Back to all discussions

Skin Cancer on my Cheek !?

Hello all, I’d like to thank anybody that takes the time to read my post.

About 3.5years ago I first noticed a very small indentation on my cheek and went to a dermatologist, he said it’s not indented and put some liquid nitrogen on it to try and freeze it off, this didn’t work. I went back to see a different dermatologist who has given me both Aldara and Solaraze creams neither of which had any reactions, but the mark on my face has continued to grow to what you see now on my picture, attached!! I am very concerned that it may be a skin cancer of sorts and the fact it’s been there for almost 4 years is really starting to get me down, to the point where I am going back to see a dermatologist to ask for it to be surgically removed.

I’m hopping that somebody else can shed a light on what they think this indentation may be ? My dermatologist suggested it was acnitic keratosis, but I haven’t seen any photos online that match this.

Thanks in advance Flat Growing area on my cheek

  1. Hi , I can certainly understand your concern, especially since the area is growing. I think you're doing the best thing by getting it checked again by a dermatologist. For your safety, we are unable to provide a medical diagnosis online. I hope you are able to get some answers and the proper treatment. If you're comfortable, please let us know how you're doing. All my best, Julie (team member)

    1. ...I would like to piggyback off Julie's response. A dermatologist will be able to give you a much more definitive answer. With a close look and possibly a biopsy, they should be able to give you a good idea of what you have been dealing with. I am glad you are being proactive and following your instincts. I am sending you positive thoughts as you wait for your appointment. Keep us posted! April,, Moderator

      or create an account to reply.