Hi all. I am 28 years old and was just recently diagnosed with basal cell carcinoma. I don't really know how I should feel about this. I have been through a lot of traumatic events in my life, and this just adds to it. My doctor said it's a little weird because I am so young. I know "it could be worse" and BCC "is not that big of a deal", but I am still feeling uneasy about it.
If you guys can answer a few questions, that would be great:
- what should I expect next?
- should I tell my employer?
- should I tell my friends and family?
- is this really not that big of a deal, or is my anxiety valid?
- I use to go to therapy for my depression, anxiety, PTSD... should I go back?
Anything will help. Thanks!