Precancer: Actinic Keratosis and Atypical Moles
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- Firnhaber JM. Diagnosis and treatment of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma. Am Fam Physician. 2012;86:161-168.
- McIntyre WJ, Downs MR, Bedwell SA. Treatment options for actinic keratoses. Am Fam Physician. 2007;76:667-671.
- The Skin Cancer Foundation. Actinic keratosis. Accessed January 10, 2017 at: http://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/actinic-keratosis
- Andrews MD. Cryosurgery for common skin conditions. Am Fam Physician. 2004;69:2365-2372.
- Levulan Kerastick [prescribing information]. Wilmington, MA: DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; May 2010. Accessed January 23, 2017 at: https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailymed/drugInfo.cfm?setid=e45cc371-9ebc-4904-12bc-65cb4e2817ad&audience=consumer
- American Academy of Dermatology. Moles. Accessed January 18, 2017 at: https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/bumps-and-growths/moles - overview
- Perkins A, Duffy RL. Atypical moles: diagnosis and management. Am Fam Physician. 2015;91:762-767.
- From L, Marrett L, Rosen C, et al. A quality initiative of the Program in Evidence-Based Care (PEBC), Cancer Care Ontario (CCO). Accessed January 23, 2017 at: https://www.cancercare.on.ca/about/programs/pebc/
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf