Skin Cancer in Men
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed November 2019.
- Melanoma Strikes Men Harder. American Academy of Dermatology. https://www.aad.org/diseases/skin-cancer/melanoma-strikes-men-harder n.d. Accessed November 4, 2019.
- Key Statistics for Melanoma Skin Cancer. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/cancer/melanoma-skin-cancer/about/key-statistics.html Last Revised August 14, 2019. Accessed November 4, 2019.
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Melanoma of the Skin. National Cancer Institute. https://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/melan.html 2019. Accessed November 4, 2019.
- Wu S, Han J, Li WQ, Li T, Qureshi AA. Basal-cell carcinoma incidence and associated risk factors in U.S. women and men. Am J Epidemiol. 2013;178:890-897.
- US Department of Health and Human Services. The Surgeon General’s Call to Action to Prevent Skin Cancer. Washington, DC: U.S. Dept of Health and Human Services, Office of the Surgeon General; 2014. Accessed February 14, 2017 at: http://www.surgeongeneral.gov.
- Cancer Facts & Figures 2019. American Cancer Society. https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/annual-cancer-facts-and-figures/2019/cancer-facts-and-figures-2019.pdf 2019. Accessed November 4, 2019.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Sunburn and sun protective behaviors among adults aged 18-29 years--United States, 2000-2010. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012 May 11;61(18):317-22.
- Wu S, Cho E, Li WQ, Weinstock MA, Han J, Qureshi AA. History of severe sunburn and risk of skin cancer among women and men in 2 prospective cohort studies. Am J Epidemiol. 2016;183:824-833.
- American Cancer Society. Basal and squamous cell skin cancers. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003139-pdf.pdf
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Skin Cancer Facts and Statistics. Skin Cancer Foundation. https://www.skincancer.org/skin-cancer-information/skin-cancer-facts/ Last updated May 31, 2019. Accessed November 4, 2019.