Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2019.
- National Cancer Institute. Targeted Cancer Therapies. Accessed January 18, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/targeted-therapies/targeted-therapies-fact-sheet
- National Cancer Institute. Biological therapies for cancer. Accessed April 14, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/treatment/types/immunotherapy/bio-therapies-fact-sheet
- Imlygic® [prescribing information]. Thousand Oaks, CA: Amgen Inc; March 2017.
- Cohen MH, Jessup JM, Felix EL, et al. Intralesional treatment of recurrent metastatic cutaneous malignant melanoma: a randomized prospective study of intralesional Bacillus Calmette-Guerin versus intralesional dinitrochlorobenzene. Cancer. 1978;41:2456-2463.
- American Cancer Society. Intravesical therapy for bladder cancer. Accessed April 17, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/bladder-cancer/treating/intravesical-therapy.html
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Basal cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/nmsc.pdf
- Levine A, Markowitz O. Update on advanced basal cell carcinoma diagnosis and treatment. Dermatology Times. October 18, 2016. Accessed February 3, 2017 at: http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com/dermatology-times/news/update-advanced-basal-cell-carcinoma-diagnosis-and-treatment
- My Cancer Genome. Hedgehog Signaling. Accessed January 18, 2016 at: https://www.mycancergenome.org/content/molecular-medicine/pathways/hedgehog-signaling
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology. Squamous cell skin cancer. Version 1.2017. Published October 3, 2016. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/squamous.pdf
- Bavencio® [prescribing information]. Whitehouse Station, NJ: Merck & Co, Inc; March 2017.
- American Cancer Society. Chemotherapy for Merkel cell carcinoma. Accessed April 19, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/merkel-cell-skin-cancer/treating/chemotherapy.html
- National Cancer Institute. Kaposi sarcoma treatment. Accessed April 23, 2017 at: https://www.cancer.gov/types/soft-tissue-sarcoma/patient/kaposi-treatment-pdq