Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- Shenenberger DW. Cutaneous malignant melanoma: a primary care perspective. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:161-168.
- Bliss D. Layers of skin (illustration). 2005. National Cancer Institute Visuals Online. Accessed February 8, 2017 at: https://visualsonline.cancer.gov/details.cfm?imageid=4366
- PubMed Health. Lymphatic vessels. Accessed February 1, 2017 at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmedhealth/PMHT0022680/
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Melanoma. Version 1.2016. Accessed February 2, 2017 at: https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/melanoma/
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Melanoma of the Skin. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Accessed January 17, 2017 at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/melan.html
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- Sosman JA. Patient education: Melanoma treatment; advanced or metastatic melanoma (Beyond the Basics). UpToDate. Accessed February 8, 2017 at: http://www.uptodate.com/contents/melanoma-treatment-advanced-or-metastatic-melanoma-beyond-the-basics?view=print
- Balch CM, Soong SJ, Gershenwald JE, et al. Prognostic factors analysis of 17,600 melanoma patients: validation of the American Joint Committee on Cancer melanoma staging system. J Clin Oncol. 2001;19:3622-3634.