What Is Melanoma?
Written by: Sarah O'Brien | Last reviewed: May 2017.
- American Cancer Society. Cancer facts & figures, 2017. Accessed March 8, 2017 at: http://bit.ly/2ksCPAg
- NCCN Guidelines for Patients: Melanoma. Version 1.2016. Accessed February 2, 2017 at: https://www.nccn.org/patients/guidelines/melanoma/
- American Cancer Society. Melanoma skin cancer. Accessed January 5, 2017 at: http://www.cancer.org/acs/groups/cid/documents/webcontent/003120-pdf.pdf
- SEER Cancer Stat Facts: Melanoma of the skin. National Cancer Institute. Bethesda, MD. Accessed January 17, 2017 at: http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/melan.html
- Shenenberger DW. Cutaneous malignant melanoma: a primary care perspective. Am Fam Physician. 2012;85:161-168.
- Wu S, Cho E, Li WQ, Weinstock MA, Han J, Qureshi AA. History of severe sunburn and risk of skin cancer among women and men in 2 prospective cohort studies. Am J Epidemiol. 2016;183:824-833.